Well, this site is all about Salty Nourishments...
People who know me, know about my fried chicken recipe. It is really that good. In fact, people have bribed me for my secret recipe. I have finally decided to share my recipe to the world. Enjoy!
Ken’s Fried Chicken (“KFC”) Recipe
- 1 whole chicken cut into standard “8-cut” pieces
- 1L of butter milk
- Spice Mix (for 2 batches):
- Separate whole chicken into standard “8-cut” pieces.
- Steam chicken pieces until fully cooked – around 22 to 25mins.
- Soak the cooked chicken in buttermilk for an 1hr in room temperature.
- Toss the chicken into spice mix; let dry for 20mins on baking sheet.
- Deep fry chicken in (canola) oil at 375°F for around 10sec each.
- Cover serving plate with paper towel to soak up excess oil, and place fried chicken onto plate.
- May wish to serve with chicken gravy based on preference.